Monday, June 20, 2011

Samsung Girl

I've never been partial to the brand Samsung, but my last two purchases have been of this brand. Big ticket purchases, no less. They seem to have the right specs for the right price and that is why I picked this brand out of the many other brands out there. I like doing my homework before buying anything and sometimes I can be the most discriminating buyer out there.

My first purchase was a new laptop. And I didn't want just any laptop. I wanted it to be fast, powerful and beautiful. After carefully looking at so many choices, both Windows and Mac-based, I finally decided on this.



Samsung RF711. A Thing of Beauty.

Oh, just typing on my beautiful new keyboard right now is giving me the shivers. It has all the specs that I want:
  • Intel Core i7-2630QM processor and 6 GB system memory
  • 1 TB (500 GB x 2) storage capacity
  • Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 3.0 technology
  • Pre-installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
  • HDMI, USB 2.0, USB 3.0, and memory card connectivity options
  • Dedicated Graphics Memory 
  • HD LED Backlit Display in 17.3 inches
  • Great multi-tasking abilities 
  • Blu-ray
Of course it has many other awesome things going on but, in a nutshell, those are the things that rock my socks off. It's my ultimate entertainment hub for watching videos, playing music, blogging, surfing, etc. Best electronic purchase I've had in such a long time.

The next Samsung item that I bought is the Google phone - the Samsung Nexus S.
Finally decided on this one. Sorry iPhone 4.

I've been thinking about getting an iPhone or any other Android phone but this particular phone grabbed my attention because it's performance and price tag. It's not a groundbreaking as the iPhone 4 but it does everything I want it to do with a 100kph processing speed. Great for my impatient moments. I also like the fact that the Android market is growing and it's making it easier and cheaper for everyone to access new technology.

I'm very happy with these two new purchases from Samsung. They offer great specs for great value. If I got the 17" MacBook Pro, it would've costed me around $2.5k. Pretty steep. I got my Samsung laptop for a little below $1.2k. Not bad. The iPhone 4 would've costed me around $159 with a 3-year contract but the Nexus S cost me only $49.99 with a 3-year contract. Killer deal.

Your savvy Samsung supporter,
Ladida Lola

No comments:

Post a Comment